Monday, July 2, 2012

Thinking Outside the Box

For those of you who know me you are aware that my husband had been diagnosed with prostate cancer in July, 2011.  Since then, he has had surgery and is currently being called 'cancer-free'.  That being said, we know that he will constantly need to assessed to ensure he remains cancer-free.

His particular journey led me to re-evaluate some of our family practices with regard to eating and what we might be able to do in order to become more aware of the use of process foods with our nutritional practices.  Through this process I came across a video in which a 15 year old student made for a school project regarding cancer and how we treat cancer in America.  It is called The Beautiful Truth and is about 90 minutes in length. For me, the film was very informative as well as eye opening.  I invite you to have a look at the movie and develop your own opinions.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome post Dr. Sue! ALternative ideas like this should really be at the forefront of medicine. Additionally, its great to see the youth taking an interest in such topics. Looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete